R&D Booster: Financing the validation and prototyping stages of my collaborative R&D projects
The Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Region is launching a new call for projects "R&D Booster" to increase the development of regional companies in connection with regional research laboratories.
This call for projects aims to promote public-private R&D projects to develop new products, processes or services. In concrete terms, this means optimizing all the functions of a product, service or process, estimating the impact and acceptability of the innovation and identifying collateral applications.
- The partnership must involve at least two companies in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region (with no more than 2,000 employees) and a research and knowledge dissemination organization (ORDC).
- The activities must last a maximum of 24 months and be positioned between 5 and 9 on a maturity level scale (TRL or MRL).
- The project must have an impact on activity and employment in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region and contribute to the balanced development of territories.
- The project must concern one of the region's 13 key sectors or one of the four areas of excellence.
- The total budget must be between €300,000 and €1,000,000 (with no single company accounting for more than 70% of the total budget or the public partner exceeding 20%).
- Demonstrate the capacity, particularly financial for companies, to carry out the project.
- The project must be accredited by one of the 24 competitiveness clusters in the region
- Personnel costs.
- Equipment: depreciation of recoverable investments over the duration of the project, non-recoverable investments.
- Overheads linked to direct personnel costs and indirect costs fixed at 20% of eligible direct personnel costs.
- For companies, the aid is broken down into grants and repayable advances as explained below:
- For ORDCs, assistance takes the form of a grant corresponding to 100% of eligible expenses and capped at 20% of the total cost of the budget.
The application consists of a word document presenting your project and partners, a financial appendix in Excel format, the partners' tax returns and the labeling letter.
It must be submitted before February 21, 2023 at noon on the dedicated online space: here.
Why label my project?
The labeling of your project by a competitiveness cluster is a guarantee of the overall quality of the innovative project and facilitates access to regional, national and European funding. It allows you to :
- Have feedback and recommendations from experts to improve the project before it is submitted (complete reading grid)
- To have the support of the cluster before submission and the support of the cluster after funding.
- Ensure that the project meets the eligibility criteria of the selected Call for Projects (study of the specifications, consortium, technical objectives, budget, etc.)
- To have the support of the cluster, which supports the project according to the objectives of the funding bodies (strategic areas of the regions, State, BPI, Europe, etc.)
The project labeling process aims to improve the quality of the applications, maximize the chances of funding and optimize the success of the network's projects. It is based on an evaluation and a hearing of the applications by the experts of the labeling committee.
If you have any questions and would like to receive a free study of the validity of your project, please contact our team in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region.
The labeling procedure takes about 2 weeks.
Please send your applications to your Polymeris representative at least 10 days before the committee meeting. More information about the labeling process: here