Find out more about our members and the highlights
at PLAST MILAN 2023
PLAST is the leading trade show in Italy and Europe for the plastics and rubber industries, and is held in Milan every three years. PLAST 2023 will once again welcome the three satellite shows that have helped enrich the content of recent editions: RUBBER (dedicated to the world of rubber), 3D PLAST (focusing on additive manufacturing and related technologies) and PLAST-MAT (dedicated to innovative plastic solutions). The entire industry is represented at PLAST.
A moment for networking
Come and meet us at stand 147B (Hall 11) at PLAST Milan, on Wednesday September 6 at 12 noon for our networking cocktail! This will be an opportunity to find out more about our European projects, and to take advantage of the Polymeris network present at PLAST.
Themed innovation tour to discover the latest trends
Polymeris is organizing an Innovation Tour on the theme of fillers and additives.
The aim is to meet with suppliers of fillers and additives to find out about the latest developments in relation to new regulations, functionalities, biobased products... and to discover the most promising solutions. Come to the Polymeris stand HALL 11, Stand B147 on Wednesday September 6 from 2 to 3:30 pm for the Innovation Tour.
Discover the members supported by Polymeris :
CABAMIX has been producing mineral compounds for the plastic industry for 10 years in Southern France.
On PLAST Milano, CABAMIX will present the 2 last innovations:
- Carbomax®Bio: a mineral masterbatch which is mixed with compostable bioplastics, certified by TÜV Austria OK compost Home, OK compost Industrial or OK biodegradable Soil. For film extrusion, injection moulding, thermoforming and 3D Printing filaments. Examples of applications: compostable flexible bags, organic waste bags, mulch film for agriculture, coffee capsules and many more.
- Carbomax®Phoenix: the newest innovation that will increase the recycled content of your products. It is made of 100% recycled mineral fillers and 100% recycled polymers certified EuCertPlast such as LDPE, LLDPE or PP from PCR, PIR or from chemical recycling. Carbomax®Phoenix is certified by RecyClass. For film extrusion and injection moulding.
Granuplast, a young company created in 2020, embodies the sustainable future.
«From simple waste to pure plastic».
Granuplast's innovative recycling process regenerates post-consumer and industrial waste into r-HDPE and r-PP pellets with an exceptional level of purity close to that of virgin resin. With a maximum capacity of almost 35,000 tonnes per year, its modern, automated facilities incorporate crucial stages such as triboelectric sorting.
« Recycle to prosper».
Granuplast is a player in the circular economy. By recycling HDPE and PP plastics, it reduces waste and maximizes the reuse of resources. This initiative reduces waste going to landfill or incineration, while reducing our dependence on fossil resources. As a result, its contribution translates into more efficient use of resources and more sustainable long-term production.
Granuplast will be taking part in Plast 2023, the most important European event for the plastics industry, to be held in Milan from September 5 to 8, 2023.
JM Polymers was founded in 2003 with the main aim of developing sustainable and innovative products based on reduced polymer use and the incorporation of mineral fillers, while improving our customers' production capacities and the mechanical properties of the end products. Twenty years later, with a capacity of 50,000 tonnes, JM Polymers has become a major player in mineral and plastic compounding. Our range comprises the following products:
- CACOLIN®: Masterbatch calcium carbonate (PE, PP, PS)
- TALCOLIN® : Masterbatch talc (PE,PP).
Backed by high-quality machinery (twin screw, co-mixer, continuous mixer) and a modern laboratory, JM Polymers is also actively developing a range of products based on post-consumer recycled materials (PCR).
Recycling rubber using a thermomechanical devulcanization process
Plymouth Française is a European leader in the processing of rubber into thin sheets (production of elastics for underwear, swimwear, diapers, FFP2 masks, etc.), and has developed an innovative solution for recycling rubber production waste using a unique thermomechanical devulcanization process. This process does not require the addition of any chemicals, which sets it apart from other rubber recycling processes, and enables the recycled rubber to be reintegrated into a new compound (thus saving on raw materials, eliminating incineration costs, etc.). Scrap rubber can thus be recycled ad infinitum. An environmentally virtuous process.
Specificity of the products :
- This regenerated rubber is reincorporated into a new mix at a percentage varying between 5% and 75%, depending on the quality of the final product. It can then be recycled ad infinitum.
- Own Production for Plymouth : Rubber sheets and elastics rubber tapes used for closing manufacturing, industrial application or hygiene and medical products. Those products contains recycled rubber.
- Waste and scraps from the rubber manufacturers (construction, automotive, footwear, pharmaceuticals…) : Grinding and devulcanization services, in order to give them back a recycled rubber product to be reincorporated int their mixtures.
- Second life products made by Plymouth : Recycled slabs made from used rubber from ski resorts: a second life for a French product!
We remain at the disposal of our customer to help them find another outlet for the recycled product or a new application if the treated material couldn’t be reincorporated in the source mixture in order to give it a second life.
Securing recycled plastics
Polytopoly is the answer to the problem of sourcing recycled plastics, from waste to ready-to-use resin.
For plastics manufacturers, how do you find circular resources, resolve problems of choice and quality consistency, and finally manage complex international logistics?
For recyclers, how do they find the right inputs, control the quality of their production and make it easily available to manufacturers?
Acting as a trusted third party, the platform offers its customers in the construction, packaging and automotive industries a choice of over 400 materials (rHDPE, rLDPE, PP, PS, etc.) that have been analysed.
Equipped with dedicated sales engineers, a logistics department and an R&D team, Polytopoly offers a range of complementary services - research, secure supplies, characterisation and optimised flow management - not previously available on the market at this level of specificity.
In an uncertain economic climate, the digital platform offers visibility on a wide choice of supply offers, taking into account all the issues facing plastics manufacturers: quality, tonnage, regularity, processability, price and carbon footprint.
For over 10 years, SEDEM is in the heart of the plastics industry's eco-responsible transition by giving a second life to post-consumer and post-industrial plastic waste. Located in the heart of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, in Yssingeaux, we collect, recycle, qualify and reintegrate plastics in ever-increasing proportions. Quality is at the heart of our expertise
We work more than 12,000 tonnes of plastic a year, with a target of 20,000 in the coming years.
SEDEM offers you a global solution that is monitored and qualified, with incoming and outgoing materials controlled by our integrated laboratory.
Materials to change our world. Together working for a greener economy !